This product is available in West Virgina only!
Please contact us if you would like additional details and/or more information.View the WV Location Information
Water Repellent and Primer for Acrylic Sealers
Clear Guard® First Seal™ is a water-based reactive water repellent sealer for use on unsealed concrete and unsealed concrete overlays as early as 48 hours after the concrete is poured. Scientifically formulated to allow for the high PH of new concrete, Clear Guard® First Seal™ will react with the concrete and create a water resistant surface and a hydrophobic interior, thus reducing water and chemical absorption and the damaging effects caused by freeze-thaw and de-icing salts.
- Repels water and salts
- Provides long term protection
- Does not alter the appearance of the concrete
- Long lasting protection on new and old concrete
Primer for Acrylic Sealers:
In addition to being a water repellent, Clear Guard® First Seal™ provides excellent adhesion benefits when it is applied and allowed to dry prior to the application of all Butterfield Color® acrylic sealers. As shown in the samples below, applying the Clear Guard® First Seal™ at 48 hours prior to the application of the Butterfield Color® acrylic sealer greatly reduced the damage caused by de-icing salts and after extensive freeze-thaw cycles.
- Forms a tenacious bond with the concrete and the Butterfield Color® acrylic sealer
- Allows for color enhancement of the Butterfield Color® acrylic sealer
- Greatly improves the durability of the Butterfield Color® acrylic sealer